We are providers for most major medical plans. Your ophthalmic care in our office falls under your medical insurance, not your vision plan. Due to the complexities of today’s insurance products, patients should always check with their medical insurance carrier to be certain that Dr. Peter J.G. Maris Jr. or Dr. Robert Lopez accepts your specific plan. When contacting your insurance carrier, be sure to indicate the private practice location of our Long Island office (230 Hilton Ave, Hempstead, New York 11550) and not any of the hospitals or the outpatient surgicenters with which Dr. Maris and Dr. Lopez are affiliated.
Please Know That Dr. Maris and Dr. Lopez:
- Do NOT Participate in any HMO plans
- Are non-par with all Medicaid plans
- Are non-par with any Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans
We are sorry for the inconvenience, but credit cards are no longer accepted.
Insurance Plans that Are Accepted:
- Oxford – Liberty and Freedom plans (United Healthcare)
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield – only PPO and EPO plans (NO HMO plans)
- Cigna – PPO and Open Access plans only
- Pomco – Multiplans
- Aetna – PPO plans only
- United Healthcare – Empire Plan (NYSHIP)
All Patients Are Responsible For:
- Your co-pay at the time of your office visit (cash or check, please). Bills and copayments are determined by your medical insurance company.
- Any additional costs not covered by insurance carrier, such as co-insurance or deductible payments, or for services not routinely covered by medical insurance (like an upgrade to a premium intraocular lens for cataract surgery)
After your appointment, our staff will file a claim for services to your insurance company and expect to be reimbursed. Please be aware that payment from your insurance company cannot be guaranteed, and benefits are not determined until your claim is processed. You will be financially responsible for any claim that your insurance company denies.